Want to take my ex husband for family therapy

• Hello all,
    I am a single mother of a 6 years old son. I got a divorce from his father when my son was 1 year old. Due to better opportunities, I moved to Toronto last year. I had to change my son's school as I wanted to take him with me. But, I never knew what a horrible idea it was. The kids in the new school are terrific and, they make a lot of fun about my son. Especially because I am, a single mother and is taking care of him. Now, every day my son is demanding me to take him to his father. Even though meeting his father will be the last thing I want to do in my life, I am ready to take him to his father if he really wants me to. But, I don't think his father will agree. I got to know from a few of our common friends that he has moved on and, really busy and happy with his life. But they are suggesting me to go and talk to him about the situation. In case that not gonna work, the same friends are suggesting me to find someone who offers family therapy in Toronto and take him there. But, how will someone, who never wants to talk to me, gonna come with me somewhere, a therapist, with me! I don't know what should I do. I am really anxious.