chronic pain

• Hello,

Does anyone here suffer from chronic pain of any sort? I have back pain from a misaligned lumbo/sacral vertebra and a smushed disc. Unfortunately, surgery won't help. I take pain killers and they keep the pain manageable. I notice that people who I know know that I have back trouble seem to forget. They will expect me to do physical things that I can't and when I mention that my back hurts, they ask why. It's very frustrating. I find I am taking extra pain pills to be able to sleep at night. I will have to talk to my doctor about that. So how do you cope with chronic pain?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

Thank you.

• Hi! I'm sorry to hear about your struggle. I usually find walking and yoga to be helpful, but I can't do those things right now. However, I have found deep breathing exercises (introductory videos for pranayama yoga) to be really helpful, as well as using a rubber massage mallet to "tenderize" my quad muscles as I can't get into a position to stretch them properly. When they're really tight they make my back pain worse.

Anyhow, if you're interested in some breathing exercises and guided meditation, I'm not sure what your resources are like but the website below has been a great resource for me over the years, though use it with caution for sure,and meet yourself where your back is at.

https://www.doyogawithme.com/

• Sorry to hear about your ongoing struggle with chronic pain. I know that everyday is a struggle for me I really watch what I eat and when I can I exercise hot yoga. I think some relief is unique to each individual.