CBD (Cannabidiol)

• I've always been skeptical of the whole "medical marijuana" thing, figuring that it was just an excuse for people to get high. I still believe a lot of the claims it can cure any ailment are grandstanding by advocates. However, I have (very) recently discovered that the claims about pain relief are true.

A brief(-ish) history
    I spent the last 20 years developing issues with one medication after the other, trying to deal with fibro pain, chronic fatigue, depression etc. 2 years ago, I had a prophylactic oophorectomy (BRCA), which sent my hormones mad. Nonstop migraines, severe neck pain, and nothing would touch it. Finally ended up on birth control as hormone replacement, with a mix of hydromorphone and immitrex for pain management. That worked for about 18 months. then I started getting other issues.

What followed was the last 4 months of 6 migraines a day, erythema nodosum (ouch), and just an overall disaster as The doctors had me try multiple types of pills to fix the hormones. The neurologist said I was likely now in a medicine-induced pain cycle, meaning the more meds I took to fight pain, the worse the pain got. Apparently more than 12 immitrex / month is bad - I was at 3/day just to remain coherent half the time.

The only way to break that cycle was to stop all pain meds for 2 months. Yeah, right. So finally I asked my doctor about medical marijuana. When you run out of options, you will try anything.

Learning about CBD
    I discovered that there is a compound in hemp called CBD which has the touted health benefits without the high. I went to the closest shop and got some of these CBD-only capsules.

Within 10 minutes of taking one, the pain was gone. I don't mean dimmed a little or hidden behind a layer of brain fog, I mean g-o-n-e gone. And it stayed gone. This stuff even kills 90% of migraine pain!

(They threw in some THC capsules, and a fraction of one made the room spin for 14 hours so I don't recommend those)

It has now been 9 days, and I am down to 1/2 immitrex every 2 days and no hydromorphone at all. No opiates, no steroids, no tylenol, nothing.

Dose
    If I have a bad migraine hitting, or am having a bad pain day, I'll take a whole 25mg capsule. Most of the time though, I find 10-15mg will work well for about 4 hours, so I open the caps up and mix half the powder from one in a spoonful of honey. Works well.

Buyer Beware
    Because this is a pretty new industry with no real standardization yet, you need to shop around. The place I went to first was way more than I am able to spend, being on disability. I did a lot of searching online and found a place where I could get the same thing at a larger dose for 33% less. I went there and they also gave me 25% off due to being on disability. So for 250mg of CBD in capsules I paid just over $15 instead of $50 they charged at the first place. Crazy

The shop owner said you don't require a prescription for CBD, but be aware not all "dispenseries" have it. A lot of them are indeed about getting high and sell only THC products. What I am taking is straight CBD in capsules - it's a green powder inside.

I don't suggest getting anything in oil, especially if you have allergies. In a lot of products, they put it in MCT oil which can do nasty things to those of us who have sensitive systems. It also blocks any desensitization therapy for allergies, and can make them worsen.

Summary
    In any case, the pain part of the pot propaganda is not bogus. I am not experiencing any significant brain fog, sluggishness or anything else in the way of side effects at this time. I will try to post again as time goes by to update on this experience.

• This post is deleted!

• Banned

This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• @victorjohn I have read your post that you are going through "insomnia". I have listen that CBD Oil is helpful for this... Let me tell you little detail information that might be helpful for you :) Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the most prevalent chemical compounds in the cannabis

BENEFITS OF CBD
    Cigarette Addiction, Acne, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, Crohn’s Disease, Relives Anxiety, Relives Pain, Multiple Sclerosis, Insomnia, Nausea, Reduces Inflammation, Slows Bacterial Growth,plant. Unlike the more famous molecule, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is completely nonpsychoactive.

• Thanks for sharing your reviews about CBD Oils, There are few more things i want to include that is
    Cannabidiol (CBD) is one of the most prevalent chemical compounds in the cannabis plant. Unlike the more famous molecule, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), CBD is completely nonpsychoactive.

BENEFITS OF CBD
    Cigarette Addiction, Acne, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, Crohn’s Disease, Relives Anxiety, Relives Pain, Multiple Sclerosis, Insomnia, Nausea, Reduces Inflammation, Slows Bacterial Growth

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• CBD is one of more than 120 compounds called cannabinoids.

Many plants contain cannabinoids, but people most commonly link them to cannabis.

Unlike other cannabinoids — such as tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) — CBD does not produce a euphoric "high" or psychoactive effect. This is because CBD does not affect the same receptors as THC.

The human body has an endocannabinoid system (ECS) that receives and translates signals from cannabinoids. It produces some cannabinoids of its own, which are called endocannabinoids. The ECS helps to regulate functions such as sleep, immune-system responses, and pain.
    Cannabinoids, such as CBD, attach themselves to specialized receptors in a person's brain and immune system.

One of these receptors, called a CB2 receptor, plays a role in the immune system by managing pain and inflammation.

Researchers believe that when CBD enters a person's body, it may attach to CB2 receptors. Alternatively, it may cause the body to produce natural cannabinoids that attach to the CB2 receptors.

Either way, scientists think CBD affects the way that these receptors respond to the signals that they receive, possibly helping reduce inflammation and pain.

When THC enters the body, it produces a "high" feeling by affecting the brain's endocannabinoid receptors. This activates the brain's reward system, producing pleasure chemicals such as dopamine.

• @Jenpain We all have common aim to make a positive impact on the humanity and overcome any objection people may have by educating them about the health benefits of the Cannabis plant. We look forward on being a key player over people’s health by providing them with the safest and purest cannabis products in the market.